• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
• Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesnt' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
• Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.• Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
• Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
• Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
• Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies!
• Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
• Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
• Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
• Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
• Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
• Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
• Page 425: Goverment provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
• Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
• Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
• Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.
A tip of my hat to my friend, Ben Cerruti, for providing this look at the Obamanation called Obamacare. Write, email, fax or call your Senators and your Representative and tell them to vote NO!
If a citizen of the U.S. reads this abominable health care plan and doesn't do everything in their power to stop it....he/she is beyond dumb!
Thanks, Alan, for bringing even more detail to this insane attempt to takeover our individual lives.
I maynot be a citizen yet, and I don't even have healthcare-but I am sure not going to go for this totally insane, communistic socialistic obamanation. It's awful what covments will do when enough people give up a little freedom at a time! Outrageous, and I will be calling, mailing and whatever else I can do. God Bless you Mr. Caruba
Forth seven good reasons why the 16th and 17th amendments should be repealed.
But, as Doug Ross points out (he gives same list as Alan does), there is a silver lining. Abortions and assisted suicide will NOT be rationed.
I can almost hear your collective sighs of relief.
Oh, and another "unforeseen" bonus, amnesty for illegals.
Thanks so much for getting the word out.
I was actually the one who read the entire HC bill and posted my comments to share with everyone.
Here's the direct link to the original -
Congratulations and our thanks go to you, Peter. You have performed an invaluable service for your fellow Americans.
I only noted my friend, Ben, as he was the one who passed the information along to me.
Alan, Thank you! No problem whatsoever. I just want the information to get out there. This is an assault on the freedom of all Americans!
Peter, you will be happy to learn that my post was picked up on www.canadafreepress.com and shared with a very large audience of visitors to the site.
The word is getting out!
Thank you for your efforts! My only complaint: You did not include the link to the actual document under discussion. Click here for the PDF file.
[Don't mean to sound grumpy, but I find it annoying when websites such as CFP don't include links to original documents.]
Anyway, thanks again!
I, too, am reading through the entire text. So far, I have to disagree with your first entry (page 22) regarding "mandating" audits of self-insurers.
Perhaps you should go back and re-read the passage. The entire section concerns preliminary Studies and Reports, and the page 22 reference covers a study to be conducted and reported to the Commission. Here's the relevant text, specifying what elements should be examined in the study:
The types of employers by key characteristics, including size, that purchase insured products versus those that self-insure.
The similarities and differences
between typical insured and self-insured health plans.
The financial solvency and capital reserve levels of employers that self-insure by employer size.
The risk of self-insured employers not being able to pay obligations or otherwise becoming financially insolvent.
The extent to which rating rules are likely to cause adverse selection in the large group market or to encourage small and mid size employers to self-insure
REPORTS.—Not later than 18 months after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Commissioner shall submit to Congress and the applicable agencies a report on the study conducted under
Grace, there is a House version and the Senate is working on its own.
If you track back through the comments, you will find the author of the pages cited.
As with any bill, it goes through changes and this one is being pasted together by dozens of lobbyists, all looking to get their piece of the action.
Bottom line? Don't get old. Don't get fat. And don't get SICK.
GUMMINT HEALTH SCARE
His cartoons are so frighteningly funny.
Post a Comment