Friday, July 30, 2010

Bookviews' August Edition is Posted


For those of you who love to read, the August edition of my monthly report on new non-fiction and fiction, Bookviews, is posted.

I have been a reviewer since the late 1960s and am a charter member of the National Book Critics Circle. The monthly report covers up to seventy books and, in August, in addition to My Picks of the Month, includes sections devoted to business, health, books for kids and teens, and some excellent novels as well.

These are not the "bestsellers" that get all the attention and hype, but rather they are unique in some respect,serious or entertaining, and there's sure to be one noted you will want to read.

Tell those among your family and friends who love to read about Bookviews

3 comments:

Dave's Daily Day Dream said...

Alan,
I can't afford to read "Bookviews". You always entice me to go to BN or Amazon and spend the children's inheritance. They are becoming angry!

Alan Caruba said...

True. Books do cost a lot these days. I feel your pain, but not in my wallet because, after nearly five decades of reviewing, I have not had to buy a book in years.

LarryOldtimer said...

Excellent selection of books, Alan, And yes, so many worthwhile books to read, so little time. And so little money not earmarked for a nest egg, or for necessities.

Still, there a couple of them I will be purchasing. Thanks.